Business with NOAA
This section provides information about NOAA partnerships with the commercial space industry to acquire space-based environmental observation data.
- Commercial Weather Data Pilot (CWDP) and Commercial Data Purchase (CDP)
- RFI: Solar Coronagraph Development and Related Capabilities
- Future Satellite Architecture
- NOAA Commercial Space Policy
- NESDIS Commercial Space Activities Assessment Process
- Requirements & Data Specifications
- NOAA Commercial Space Solutions News
NOAA seeks to leverage commercial space capabilities to capitalize on available extramural expertise, to improve weather forecasting, to diversify NOAA’s portfolio of data collection capabilities, to promote U.S. space commerce and the industrial base, and to pursue enhancements in mission areas, program schedules, and costs.
Rapid change in the commercial space services arena over the past several years is now yielding new technical and business approaches not only to building, launching, and operating satellites but also to selling private satellite capabilities as services. NOAA is interested in exploring these new business models to understand how they might complement the current public and international data supply arrangements.