This page is designed to help space entrepreneurs discover opportunities to partner with the U.S. government by selling goods and services, conducting research, technology development, and testing, applying for grants, etc.
This page is a work in progress. We only control the links on this page and cannot guarantee that other agencies will maintain the content of the linked sites. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to suggest links to other appropriate federal webpages.
Department of Commerce Agencies
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Technology Partnerships Office - This portal contains information and links to both NOAA’s small business and technology transfer programs.
- Acquisition & Grants Office - Facilitating strategic relationships to support NOAA’s mission.
- Commercial Weather Data Pilot – Information and solicitations for satellite data buys and other commercial relationships.
- Future NOAA Satellite Architecture - Information and solicitations (BAAs) for concept studies of commercial solutions.
Economic Development Agency (EDA)
- Regional Innovation Strategies - EDA’s Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance (EAA) programs provide economically distressed communities and regions with comprehensive and flexible resources to address a wide variety of economic needs.
Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
- Find a Business Center - Minority-owned firms seeking to penetrate new markets — domestic & global — and growing in size and scale, can access business experts at a MBDA Business Center. Whether it’s securing capital, competing for a contract, identifying a strategic partner or becoming export-ready, your success is our priority. The Centers are located in areas with the largest concentration of minority populations and the largest number of minority businesses.
Other Civil Agencies
Small Business Administration (SBA)
- SBIR Program - The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program is a highly competitive program that encourages domestic small businesses to engage in Federal Research/Research and Development (R/R&D) that has the potential for commercialization.
- STTR Program - The Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) is another program that expands funding opportunities in the federal innovation research and development (R&D) arena.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- SBIR Solicitations - The NASA SBIR and STTR programs fund the research, development, and demonstration of innovative technologies that fulfill NASA needs as described in the annual Solicitations and have significant potential for successful commercialization. If you are a small business concern (SBC) with 500 or fewer employees or a non-profit RI such as a university or a research laboratory with ties to an SBC, then NASA encourages you to learn more about the SBIR and STTR programs as a potential source of seed funding for the development of your innovations.
- LEO Commercialization Opportunities - Resources, Broad Agency Announcements, and Requests for Information related to NASA’s LEO commercialization initiative are listed here.
- NASA Procurement Homepage - Main portal for every NASA mission directorate, contains information regarding procurement needs and how to submit unsolicited proposals.
Department of Transportation
- SBIR Program - The U.S. Department of Transportation’s (U.S. DOT) highly competitive SBIR program awards contracts to domestic small businesses to pursue research on and develop innovative solutions to our nation’s transportation challenges.
National Security Agencies
- SBIR/STTR Office – Directory for Air Force SBIR, Pitch Day, and technology programs.
- Small Business Portal – Portal for Air Force Pitch Days, Requests for Information, SBIRs, and project submissions.
- Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Catalyst Space Accelerator - A defense and national security industry accelerator, headquartered on the Catalyst Campus for Technology and Innovation in Colorado.
- AFWERX – SBIR opportunities in specific technology focus areas.
- AFWERX Challenge – Where individuals, startups, small businesses, large enterprises, academics and research labs submit solutions to specific challenges that the Air Force launches.
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Opportunities - DARPA pursues opportunities for transformational change rather than incremental advances. Their current areas of interest are listed on this page.
- Contract Opportunities (SAM.gov) - A complete list of all solicitations made by DARPA, including transportation, operations, and logistical support.
- Broad Agency Announcements - DARPA publicizes funding opportunities primarily by posting Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs) that formally solicit proposals tied to program-specific areas of research and development. In addition to those opportunities, each DARPA technical office maintains an “office-wide” BAA that offers a mechanism for researchers to reach DARPA with an idea that may fall outside of DARPA’s current priorities, but that the proposer feels could be valuable to national security.
Defense Innovation Unit (DIU)
- Business Partnerships – We provide non-dilutive capital in the form of pilot contracts for commercial innovation that solves Department of Defense (DoD) problems. And we do so quickly, usually in under 90 days. Pilot contracts can include hardware, software, or unique services. More importantly, after a successful pilot, the company involved and any DoD entity can easily enter into follow-on contracts, just as fast.
Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
- Business Solicitations/Needapedia - The list of needs below is designed to communicate the solutions DIA is seeking, while providing an entry point into government acquisition through an Open Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) and Commercial Solutions Opening (CSO).
- Office of Small Business Programs - DIA-OSBP serves as the Agency’s focal point for issues and practices concerning small business utilization. Our office promotes the use of small, small disadvantaged, women-owned small business, HUBZone and Veteran-owned and Service-disabled veteran-owned small business.
Department of Defense (DoD):
- Defense Innovation Marketplace - This website was created to improve communication between DoD and industry about DoD investment priorities and Independent Research & Development (IR&D) projects occurring in industry.
Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Agency (IARPA)
- Working with IARPA – Portal for solicitations, requests for information, and submitting proposals.
- Research Programs Database – List of all current IARPA projects and their points of contact.
In Q Tel (IQT)
- Startup Submission Portal - From the dot-com boom to the age of AI, IQT has been scouting revolutionary tech tools to help the intelligence and defense communities keep our nation safe.
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA):
- Contract Opportunities (SAM.gov) - A complete list of all solicitations made by NGA, including transportation, operations, and logistical support.
- Business Resources - NGA partners with industry (small and large businesses, individuals, etc.) to improve NGA capabilities and data that helps the U.S. military and public achieve its mission.
Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
- NRL Broad Agency Announcements – Portal containing solicitations for services from private industry.