July 28 Video Update on TraCSS
On Friday, July 28, the Office of Space Commerce released its second video presentation updating the progress of the Traffic Coordination System for Space (TraCSS), the Commerce Department’s space situational awareness (SSA) and space traffic coordination (STC) capability.
The presentation touches on key items including:
- The interagency cooperation between the Department of Commerce, Department of Defense, and NASA
- Primary objectives for TraCSS
- The three components of TraCSS (OASIS, SKYLINE, and HORIZON), what they handle, and how they work together
- The roll-out of capabilities across Phase 1 of TraCSS
- The engagement approach for integration of commercial SSA data and services in Phase 1
- Expectations for future phases
- Richard Dalbello, Director, Office of Space Commerce
- Travis Langster, Principal Director, Space and Missile Defense Policy, Department of Defense
- Sandra Connelly, Deputy Associate Administrator, NASA’s Science Mission Directorate
- Sandy Magnus, Chief Engineer, Traffic Coordination System for Space, Office of Space Commerce/MITRE
OSC plans to share periodic updates about TraCSS throughout the year.